Panel: The role of festivals – First part: distribution, promotion of innovation and heritage, and audience development.
Moderated by Cristina Loglio, expert in European cultural policies.
1° slot – Festival funding and a few examples of European film festival models
– Silvia Sandrone – Creative Europe Desk Italy MEDIA: Creativa Europe tools for supporting the mission and future challenges of EU film festivals
– Martha Otte – Tromsö International Film Festival / Milja Mikkola – Midnight Sun Film Festival and Arnaud Dumatin – La Rochelle International Film Festival: How these festivals face the new challenges through innovative cultural (and business) models
2° slot – The Italian festivals: their film literacy and audience development strategies and their relation with independent distribution
– Joana Fresu De Azevedo – AFIC Board of Directors: How Italian festivals deal with independent distribution and audience development issues
– Silvia Pareti – Piccolo Grande Cinema: How festivals can work in synergy with education; an example of a film festival entirely devoted to children and youth, and a successful European film literacy project co-funded by Creative Europe (The Film Corner Platform)
– Eddie Bertozzi – Academy Two: How film festivals can support the distribution of independent and arthouse films (that often, after touring the festival circuit, have to build their presence in movie theatres) and contribute to create new audiences for them
3° slot – Film festivals and the promotion of heritage films
– Juliette Rajon – Festival Lumière / Marché du Film Classic: How to promote heritage films without losing sight of the market and future distribution
– György Ráduly – National Film Institute – Film Archive – Hungary / Budapest Film Marathon: Retrospectives and tributes in the festival programming as a chance to promote film restoration and the rediscovery of the masters of contemporary cinema
Lunch Break and lunch with the festival and market decision makers (by reservation only)
NOTE: The lunch is optional and not included in the registration fee and the Industry Pass.
Panel: The role of festivals – Second part: Accessing the market and permanent education
– Alessandra Speciale – Milano Film Network: How a film festival network built some tools to promote the access to market for young filmmakers and producers, with an eye on the positive effects on the territory
– Frédéric Boyer – Les Arcs FF and the Co-production Village and Javier Garcia Puerto – Tallin Black Nights FF / Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event: How a successful co-production forum that became a European reference point for scouting new talents and projects can change the programming of festivals (if this is the case!)
– Manuela Buono – Slingshot Films (partner of European Film Promotion): Survival kit for crowded markets: useful tips for useful meetings, or what a director/producer should never forget to bring to the table when meeting with a sales agent
– Marek Sindler – Eventival: Presentation of new tools to support and facilitate networking practices among directors, producers and festivals though a new and wide European global network of information
Talk with João Nicolau, protagonist of the “Europe, Now!” section of Bergamo Film Meeting 38: a Portuguese director who co-produces with France (Shellac Sud), has a special bond with Italy and whose sales agent is one of the most important in Europe (The Match Factory).